What a better way to beat the Venusian heat outside than with a major update to Fleet Battles? We've added a new game mechanic (wrecks), new ships (the Arilou Observer and Kzanti Intimidator), weapons, arena maps, ship parts, and more. Please read below for the complete changes.
Important: Previously saved "fleets" are no longer compatible due to a data change.
- Arilou Observer: Green skinned aliens have been using this cloaked ship to watch us from afar for quite some time.
- Kzanti Intimidator: Space pirates / low-level predators that like keeping their distance from you so they can blow you up with mines. They'll use your scrap to sell on the black market.
- Callum's Deep: Battle around a mysterious dark star with a negative mass
- Maelstrom: A large map with lots of planets and massive asteroids.
- Athara: A distance star system with exotic worlds
- Cloak -- this weapon makes your ship invisible for a short time (Arilou only)
- Octomator-- Short range blaster that fires in eight directions all at once.
- Repulsor -- pushes other ships away from you.
- Proximity Mines -- lay down these explosives that damage enemy ships that get too close
- Salvage -- allows you to quickly collect nearby wrecks
- Wrecks: Battle Arenas now are littered with wrecks from destroyed ships.
- Scavenge these wrecks for bonuses:
- Yellow: Acceleration
- Green: Crew (Health)
- Red: Battery (Energy Regeneration)
- Blue: Speed
- Bonuses accumulate between rounds
- Destroyed ships leave new wrecks for the next round
- AI vs AI: In single player matches, you can set the AI to fight against itself
- The Camera is more dynamic
- Hit TAB now to highlight your ship
- Changed planet pitches a bit in order to make them look better in Fleet Battles.
- Renamed the "Dannath Trickster" to the"Xraki Devourer"
- Xraki Trickster: increased battery regeneration
- AI is better at using the Point Defense Laser
- Point cost balance update for ship crafting (lowering costs in general)
- Adjusted arena sizes a bit
- Minor AI tweak to better use certain special secondary weapons.
- AI difficulty updated
- Minor changes to the AI weapon list files to discourage the AI from wanting to get in so close with ranged weapons.
- Tweaks to the AI super melee difficulty levels (generally to make it a bit tougher).
- Enemy view increased to make it more sensitive to being aimed at by guided weapons.
- AOE attacks no longer blow up projectiles of the same team.
Added more ship parts
- Added detailed end match screens
- Added support for Chinese and Russian characters
- Improved fonts and text layout
- Reduced the amount of data sent over the wire to reduce lag
- Fixed numerous crashes especially on match start
- Reduced jitters on the peer