Weapons - which hero?

By on August 23, 2015 11:40:37 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

BlackSmokeDMax

Join Date 03/2006
+49

So, in my most recent game I just got my 6th hero. Now, I have a large list of weapons from which to craft.

The issue?

No idea which hero can use which weapon without just "knowing" from previous play-throughs.

Solution: Each weapon should display not only the level needed to use it (which it does currently, so that is good), but also which heroes can use it. Either that, or on hovering over the weapon slot on the hero, have it indicate which weapons are to be used there.

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 24, 2015 6:37:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you go to a hero's unit details screen and look at abilities, one of those should tell you what items that particular hero can equip.

August 24, 2015 11:52:34 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,

If you go to a hero's unit details screen and look at abilities, one of those should tell you what items that particular hero can equip.

Shit, didn't even think to look there. Will give that a try right now....

2 out of the three didn't say anything about weapon proficiencies.

Korthox the Ice Lord: Sword Mastery

Silindros the Avenger: nothing listed

Ifris the Engulfed: nothing listed

Checked my regular (non-minor) heroes as well

Varda: Sword Mastery

Drogon: Axe Mastery

Naphaz the Warlord: Staff Mastery

So it appears, couple heroes just need to be updated with info.

Guess I'd still ask to have something changed around, as this is not the most obvious spot to be looking for that info. Or if leaving it that way, maybe have the weapons state to look for that specific 'mastery' in the details section of the heroes, so that newcomers know where to look for it at least. i.e. have either the recipe or the actual item have something in its description saying "Equipable by Heroes with the 'X' Mastery ability."

Either way, thanks for the heads-up Heavenfall!

August 24, 2015 11:59:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It is also possible that the hero cannot equip any weapons. Although I'm with you that clarifications are in order.

August 24, 2015 12:07:22 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,

It is also possible that the hero cannot equip any weapons. Although I'm with you that clarifications are in order.

Good point. Thought that may be the case, but i have some weapons in inventory that give me a "level to equip" and others that just say non-equipable, so I'll find out exactly what is going on there in another two levels.

August 24, 2015 12:32:28 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Question answered... once I hit the correct level, on hovering over item while in equip screen it switched from saying:

"Requires Level 6"

to saying:

"Cannot equip this item on this unit"

"Requires Level 6"

This was for both Silindros and Ifris.

Guess that doesn't say for sure that no items are equipable, but it is sure leading me to believe that.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time: