More notes during play

By on October 11, 2014 5:59:29 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

BlackSmokeDMax

Join Date 03/2006
+47

Had to load a save game: was just being attacked by an army and at the same time I was getting ready to click/drag the map. It started popping up the pre-battle screen just as I clicked on map to drag it around. the window minimized, the battle never happened, but i couldn't move that army again. Using an auto-load from a turn or two earlier worked just fine, and still got attacked by that same army and everything worked great.

Same early clicking issue: Popped up window asking for research/learning a spell. Just as it did I clicked elsewhere, so whatever was highlighted i was stuck learning. Is there somewhere to change what you are learning? Maybe I'm just missing that.

Clerics ring: Supposed to grant heal to wearer. Tried it on both Sir Kael, and with Varda. Both had the spell showing in the skill list window during tactical. Both it was somewhat greyed out and not actually selectable. This was on different turns. I tried it first with Sir Kael, didn't work, so next turn I swapped it to Varda and initiated a new battle and still no go on the healing ability. Took screen shots for both, will place that in the next post or two.

Locked Post 15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 11, 2014 6:03:58 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Not sure what I'm doing wrong posting the pics, editing with links directly to steam... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=325442723

October 11, 2014 9:36:53 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

-Vetrar got stuck on a shard and eventually just disappeared.

-Extreme slowdown during use of Rider's special attack (true strike I think it was, not positive of that name though) Worked fine on the charge attack (the one where you make an attack through a line of enemies.

-Was also seeing extreme slowdown during a spider's devour attack against me.

October 11, 2014 9:49:08 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Quoting Leo in WI,

-Vetrar got stuck on a shard and eventually just disappeared.

I've been thinking on this one, and wonder if possibly my outpost killed him?? Wasn't paying much attention to him once he got stuck, just know that once I went to check on him he was gone.

October 11, 2014 9:52:33 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

I had that happen to me too. Vetrar got stuck on a shard and I couldn't attack him. Eventually my outpost killed him and the game was ruined as I only had one key.

October 11, 2014 10:13:37 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

It appears units die when attacking shards. I wonder if the lieutenants are attacking shards and dying, thus causing instances of them disappearing thus no way to get the keys.

October 11, 2014 10:17:50 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Yeah whether it is the outposts or the shards themselves killing the lieutenants, something needs to be changed to make sure a game can be finished. Not sure if I have an opinion yet on what that is.

October 11, 2014 10:24:50 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Maybe it could be an "Open Sesame" spell to unlock the gate. That, or good 'ol breakin' and enterin'.

October 11, 2014 10:39:07 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Perhaps the Lootenant could leave a treasure chest with the key in it. That or a minion absconds with it and you have to go on a very dangerous quest to hunt him down. After all, if the Lootenant died that easily, the player should have to face a challenge.

October 11, 2014 10:47:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 11, 2014 11:32:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think the key should either drop on the ground, or some note that starts a quest.  That would be a fantastic way of dealing with it.   Maybe if the lieutenant dies when attacking a city the key should fall on the ground (or it should be given to the player like any other reward from defeating something), and if the lieutenant dies from a shard or from outpost or town fire then a note falls on the ground which starts an interesting and reasonably involved quest.

Being able to walk on shards that haven't been built on, or attack shards that have a monster on them, would really help too.

October 12, 2014 12:15:49 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Primal: Ahh! Thanks!

October 12, 2014 12:17:52 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Really love the idea of lieutenants death by "other means" starting a new quest.

October 12, 2014 7:46:51 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

I have had the same issue with the Riders "true strike" attack taking inordinately long to execute

And +1 on implications of a lieutenant's early demise

October 14, 2014 9:46:15 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Quoting paul169,

I have had the same issue with the Riders "true strike" attack taking inordinately long to execute

And +1 on implications of a lieutenant's early demise

I don't remember having that delay with true strike in the first beta, but it is very possible I didn't use that ability in the first beta.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: